Thanks for Help!

Thanks for all the help to the group:

	Unlocked the Vista 15P (Monitronics) board just to play around with
it.....will work locally only as fields *41-46 are locked out in the
firmware (EE code).  No problem, just wanted to see if it was doable.
Also played with my copy of Compass software and a Hayes Optima
144....works great with the 150W resistor and tip/ring jumpering to
simulate a dialtone using the software with Telco handoff option.  Just
trying to learn that part of it as well......Compass is complicated and
I don't understand all the fields.  I do want to be able to back up my
Lynx-REN panel info as well as the same system I installed in Mom's
house.  I'm also maintaining my Dad and Stepmom's system-changed over
the Monitronics 15P to a Vista 20P (generic) with Zone 1 hardwired, Zone
2 a wired motion sensor, and then about six or seven wireless devices
with the 5882H and 5827BD keypad.....it all works fantastic!

PS who do you all recommend for the best bang for buck monitoring?  I
have been using NextAlarm personally for the past two years and have
been happy with them in terms of response time, etc (although a little
worried they may be raisng rates again)...Also like the Internet
features although I just use the landline for dial out-I can also
remote-control some X-10 stuff this way.  Thanks for all the suggestions
and advice!

Marc