Re: Replacement Battery Purchase

Jack wrote:
> If I  purchase a replacement battery today for a LynxR-EN Panel, can I
> expect it to work two years from now when it will actually be replaced? Or
> should you wait until you get a low battery warning from your panel and then
> purchase a replacement battery?

How old is the system (i.e. when was it installed)?  Sealed lead acid
batteries typically last about four years.  I'd recommend replacing your
battery every three years if your system is also powering (or
monitoring) smoke detectors or other life safety devices like Carbon
Monoxide sensors or heat detectors.  Don't wait for the "low battery"
warning because I've seen some panels actually fail a battery test even
before the warning kicks in.