Re: Replacement Battery Purchase

Jack wrote:
> "Slim" <nosp@xxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Jack" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> I just purchased a new LynxR-EN panel to replace my LynxR panel. The
>>> battery inside the new panel is new.
>> why'd you buy another panel?
> Slim, my other panel has recently not been charging the backup battery
> properly. I've had three replacement batteries in the past two years. I also
> like the connection from the battery to the circuit board with the LynxR-EN
> vs the battery drawer, which is used with the LynxR.
>
> I've had the LynxR panel since 2000 and it's probably time for a refresh.

I hope your master unit is installed in a safe (i.e. more inaccessible)
location.  We just had to replace a Lynx panel (installed by ADT) that
was ripped off the wall in the kitchen by what looks to be three very
enterprising hoodlums (the Police figure two guys and a gal where
involved).  They also stole the customer's widescreen TV, a whole lot of
"pocket sized" electronic gear and enough make-up to last most women a
life-time (she only went for the expensive stuff so they know there was
a gal involved).  The new panel is a Vista 128 with remote keypad.  The
new common control is in a very tough spot to get to (in the 20 second
entry delay).  There's also cellular backup to the land lines and a very
loud outdoor siren.  It's still kinda like closing the barn door after
the horse, the chickens and the four cows got out.