Re: Failure rate of window / door magnetic sensors

Yes, that is a common occurrence with lightning strikes. Go ahead and
replace all the contacts. You will find that all the contacts that share
the same zone are all damaged. Yet other isolated zones are fine. This
all depends on the path the lightning strike took.

Jim Rojas