Re: oye

On Oct 1, 2:33?pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > On Sep 30, 3:20?pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> You have to factor other things such as the physical size of a sensor does
> not mean it has a more powerful transmitter, with advancements in circuitry
> design I imagine the new smaller sensors are more powerful than the old.
> Linear has used button battery sensors for ages in their long-range stuff-

I'm looking at the size of the power source............. and the fact
that they're not changing the receivers. If they were changing the
xmitter technology along with the receivers, I'd agree with you. And I
did mention Linear's use of the button batteries. I know it can be
done but receiver sensitivity and noise rejection can make up for low
xmitter power. If you're just going to reduce xmitter power .... then
you've got to give up something else. My guess is range.

I don't know what the stated range of the new trasmitters is .... but
I'd bet that it's going to be less than the old ones.