Re: Ademco 6139 with 5827BD Keypad

Marc ,

> Understood all except the part about enabling fields 24 as 10 in the
> panel....don't get it?  Do you mean *24?  I thought that was the RF
> toggle on/off?

24 will change the house ID to 10. Which will force the panel to look
for 5800TM

> I tried to cut the red jumper on the 5800TM both with
> and w/o changing the panel address, to no avail.

When you say panel address are you referring to *24. if yes thats what
I am not refering to .

The red jumper when cut on 5800TM would enable adress 28 on TM that
will make it to talk to panel.

> Also, what does *190
> 10 do?  Didn't get that part either.

The 20p panels or so you have to address each keypad to a unique
adress starting 16 the field *190 would enable address 17 for second
keypad. This part is only valid if you are using more than 1 keypad.

> In fact, everything works great except the 5827
> keypad.....I'm hoping Neo's solution works out!

In order to make 5827 work simply do following
* Cut red jumper on 5800TM
* do *24 10 in panel programing
* Set dip switches on 5827 for adrdess 10 that is usually on off on
off on off , double check the docs.

Hope this helps

Neo