Re: Brinks BHS2000D Hack

BTW, it's a 93C46 chip. Care to share any more information?

Jim Rojas

Anonymous wrote:
> [...]
> The short of it is, it's not something you want to go playing around with.  You could end up having the siren blaring for 1 hour every time you open a door, and sending a fire trouble each time you walk in front of the motion.
>
> Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> Post by: dave on November 25, 2004, 06:26:09 AM
> for the amount of aggrivation you are intending to go through, why don't you just replace the panel before all of that....Brink's stuff is propriatary and made by Scantronic, and IMHO junk.
>
> Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> Post by: john rivers on December 02, 2004, 02:49:25 PM
> Thanks for your advice guys, you talked me out of trying. The alarm works. It turns on the siren when the door is opened and the siren goes off when the alarm code is entered. I just was not comfortable using the previous owner's code so I wanted to change it. I guess I'll just live with their code.
>
> Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> Post by: Apex on December 04, 2004, 04:18:09 PM
> If it's just the user code you wish to change, check your PM mailbox. :)
>
> Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> Post by: dingussquatbird on June 07, 2005, 09:51:27 AM
> I recently bought a house that has a BHS-1000C already installed.  The previous owner did not give me the code to unlock the panel... what are my options? How long is the numeric code that enables/disables the alarm, 3 digits, 4 digits... ?  I talked to Brinks and the salesman that came out to the house said that the system would run unmonitored (which is my preference), but it had to be unlocked first.  They are going to charge me to unlock the system plus make me sign up for 1 year of monitoring, at a cost of about $350.  If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please let me know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> Post by: brade8 on June 07, 2005, 06:21:18 PM
> They gave you a bunch of bull crap.  The panel will work just fine non monitored.  Brinks is the only company or person that can unlock that panel cause they use there propriatary equipment.  The salesmen didn't use the right lingo.  All that would need to be done is to disable the phone option and change the code to whatever you wanted.  If you know the code already then u shouldn't need them at all.  I don't know there equipment since they are the only company that use it because they like to stick there customers with the idea they can never switch alarm companies without changing out there panel.  Very bad way to do business.  Theres no way you need to sign a contract for them to unlock it for you.  Unlocking wouldn't help you anyways.  This salesmen had one thing in mind.  MONEY!!!  He doesn't make any money unless you sign a contract so thats what he did.  Made sure you signed some kinda contract so he would make money.  You can buy a new panel for cheaper then that.
  It would be way better then there junk and you can do whatever you want with it.  You can even get it monitored with any company you want.  Just make sure you don't have wireless cause it probable won't work with any other system.  If there is wireless on it then you would have to replace the wireless also which would easily cost more then 350. If I were you I would get rid of that brinks system.  PS the user code is usually 4 digits or somtimes 6 on rare occations.