Failure rate of window / door magnetic sensors

I installed my own security system 8 years ago.  Last week, lightning
struck our house and fried all sorts of things.  I discovered about
half of my window and door magnetic switches were bad.  The control
panel was fried, but I fixed that.

I have Ademco mini stick on NC sensors.  Of the broken ones, all but
one was broken so that they are always closed.  One broke always
open.

I can assume the one that was open was caused by the lightning
strike.  But what about the others that are broken closed?  Did the
lighting do that, or do these types of switches fail over the years?

Thanks