Re: How to connect window sensors?

You can get a long drill bit (like 5 ft.) which has a hole in one end in the
electrical department of home improvement stores, electrical supplies, etc.
Then drill up from the window opening into the attic. or drill down from the
window opening to the baseboard.

So the hole drilled is inside where the window opens.

Then pull a wire through the hole (using hole in drill bit to attach wire),
then solder on wires as you did and use electrical tape or whatever.

Then squirt silicone into the hole and gently push sensor back into the hole
so it is flush with the window opening surface. Then glue magnet to window
or drill hole in window wood and stick magnet in hole.

Stick dirt and dead flies over sensor before silicone dries. Then you have a
sensor on that window and no wires or contacts visible!

We spent two weeks doing this to a guys house who went out of town while we
were doing the work. He came back, called the office and was pissed! He was
really ticked we did not install his system like we said we would. We said
we did install it! He did not believe us. We had to go out and put a beeper
on and open/close each window to prove it was installed. And we pointed to
where the contacts were. He said "I don't see anything!" We said well that
is what you paid for....