Re: oye

On Oct 2, 10:49?am, "Roland More" <NoSpamrol...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Were you using Gemini wireless?
>
>  Yes, GEM 9600 mostly.
>
> >Its some of the easiest most trouble free stuff I have ever used
>
> I suspect you've never given Inovonics a fair shot. It blows everything else
> away in my opinion. Even the big retailer in Arkansas uses it.http://www.inovonics.com/category.aspx?id=1812
>
> >and the error code on the LCD RP1CAe2 keypads >does indicate the
> >transmitter/zone.
>
> That wasn't my point. The point is you don't get that wireless zone
> information at the central station. You get a generic expansion module
> failure signal. If you want to find out then you have to upload the event
> buffer, ask the customer (bad idea) or send a tech. Additionally you don't
> get a reliable number during wireless placement test. If Inovonics test kit
> says you're okay, you really okay. If Napco says 4 or better, it still might
> not be a good enough placement to avoid problems.

Could be that you had a number of "4's" which is only one above what
Napco claims is the minimum. It's like wattage of a resistor. If you
calulate that a one watt resistor is needed, you use a 2 watt, just to
be sure. Same with the field strength. That's why I only settle for a
6 or better. If you accept it at 4 and somebody moves something on the
job, even something not conductive but simply a solid object, a 4 can
easily be reduced less than 3. I don't know what else you could have
done to not have a good result with the Napco wireless. I've never
heard of anyone who didn't have a good experience with it. As far as
what it transmitts due to a failure, I wouldn't know .... none has
ever failed!!!!

But I don't think I'd care .... The keypad says what's happening, I'd
ask the customer what it said and besides, I'm going to do a service
call anyway.