Re: Failure rate of window / door magnetic sensors

It happens, usually it welds the switches closed, which is why we always
recommend the homeowner test all openings at least once a year but
definitely after a major lightning storm nearby.  I've never found one go
open though.

--
Crash Gordon

<I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe>