Re: Failure rate of window / door magnetic sensors

I made a mistake on my total.  I only spent $90 on contacts.    The
mini stick on cost about $3 each, the door ones are $5-6.  The other
$60 was from an irrigation timer I also bought that was blown.

The control panel is an old Radio Shack but works for our needs.  I've
checked out all the curcuits and the unit is fine.  But if I need to
replace it, I'll be posting on here for suggestions.

A bit OT, but has anyone found the wireless systems reliable?  I
originally installed an X-10 wireless system, but it kept going off
from stray signals or would continually report sensors that did not
respond.  It was a big PITA.  I have had no problems with the wired
system for 8 years until this lightning strike.