Re: PIRs for house with ceiling heating & cooling vents and "pets"!

> Update on the drama with my system. The company has agreed to
> replace the DSC pirs with Bosch Tritech units (They also call them
> blue line). The bad news ... they cost a lot more. Even if they are
> not charging me labour, its still working out to an additional
> AUD$660, thats 6 units in total. As expected, the family are not
> supporting me on this one.  Yes, I did complain and kick up a fuss,
> but they are standing firm on the fact that they are only charging
> me the difference in the cost of my originals and the new units.
> What I can't figure out is, pirs in general seem to cost a lot more
> here in Aus than say in the US or UK. I took a look at Bass's
> online store... for 6 units, without shipping, it's still only a
> third of what I am spending here...

That is common practice in the alarm industry, Eddy.  I get a lot of
flak here for offering hardware at prices slightly above installer
cost.  You can order Bosch sensors online from a number of sources,
including www.BassBurglarAlarms.com but we don't accept credit card
orders unless the card has a US address.  This cuts down on fraud
which is a major problem for online vendors.  We do ship overseas
though.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass