Re: Wide angle IR illuminator NP1004

DeanB wrote:
> I have a Panasonic NP1004 IP camera outside my house, and looking for
> a decent illuminator (must be efficient, presumably LED). Camera has
> viewing angle of 95 degrees. Must illuminate up to around 50-60 feet.
> I'm assuming this will cost around $500-600, but I'm looking for a
> recommendation.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dean

Extreme CCTV makes some nice illuminators.
http://www.extremecctv.com/home.php  They're expensive though.  It's not
so much the distance you want to "see" but the "field of view".  Pace
that out in the daytime and you can determine your requirements for
illumination from that.  I'm not sure what your application is, but a
cheap flood light motion sensor would probably serve you well.