Re: ademco vista 20p

Crash Gordon wrote:
> or broken, or still have insulation on them.
>
> weird: fired up a 15P saturday and it lit up and wouldn't let me into
> programming, showing OC, acting weird like the keypads weren't
> addressed...drove me nuts for half hour...back to basics...remove everything
> from terms...and measure voltages...weird voltage on AC input...checked the
> output of the 120vac outlet.... 30 VOLTS? Is that all? Gimme some freeking
> static. Shit spent another 45 minutes fishing over to another outlet.
> SOMETIMES THE STOOPID STUFF KILLS YA!

I always insist on a dedicated circuit.  It's even in our contract.  If
the customer can't provide it (i.e. older house, etc.) then we get OUR
electrician to wire up a convenient outlet.  It saves a lot of
headaches.  What did you find out about the outlet that was putting out
30 volts?  Usually when something's that freaky, it points to a "bigger"
issue (like a loose connection in the main breaker panel) which could
turn into something particularly nasty.