Re: The fire experts at it again

Nick Markowitz Jr. wrote:
> Well I finnaly got to see the fire system that was installed at my wifes
> church by one of the big prominant alarm companys here in pittsburgh and i
> would be embarrased and horrified to put my name on it. wire sloppily hung
> all over the place and not properly secured and that goes for the conduit
> and instead of using addressable smokes off the vista 128 panel they ran 4
> wire smokes everywhere meaning extra cables every where what an embaarssment
> the only reason ifigure they do not use addressable is becuse none of there
> installers and techs are smart enough to use them . yea but they go around
> calling them selves the fire alarm experts in pittsburgh and there the same
> company that hanged a bull rope down a shaft to install fire wiring on it.

That reminds me of an installation I saw the other day.  Exposed fire
cable everywhere.  Tacked to the bottom of beams and stretched across
open bays.  I'm sure it was a "DIY" job and that there was never a
permit pulled.  The amazing thing is that it was VERIFIED by the
equipment manufacturer.  In Canada, the Verification Standard
(ULC/CAN4-S537) refers to the Installation Standard (ULC/CAN4-S524) and
the Building and Electrical Codes.  Obviously the individual performing
the Verification Inspection decided to utilize his own standard.  I
think most here call it a "paycheque" ("paycheck" for you folks in
"Bush-Land").