Re: GE and Alarm.com

On Nov 9, 9:23 pm, "Roland Moore" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone here using Alarm.com? Do they like the service or features? I know
> Alarm.com only uses GE panels. I am not a big GE guy when it come to regular
> alarm panels. The only thing GE has that I have been trained on is what was
> once Infographic Systems (Sapphire Pro and Diamond II) and is now GE
> Security. For a year and a half after GE bought Infographic Systems we
> couldn't get parts from GE because we weren't Cassi dealers too. Huh?
> Apparently they didn't make what GE calls a "bucket" for the dealer network
> for Infographic Systems only dealers to be able to sell them parts from. The
> way GE butchered the Infographic Systems product line made me worry about
> what they'd do to the remains of ITI and Caddx. It seems that GE is really
> pushing their current NX series so I guess it wasn't something GE could
> screw up after all.

RHC: Roland, I've casually looked into their offering and it looks
pretty good for those customers who put a high priority on remote
control over arming, access to event log recordings etc. I have one
client who is desperate to get this kind of control, but he has a
Paradox system installed by me, and alarm.com's service as you say
only works with GE panels. However, the client called me up the other
day and said that alarm.com have a new alliance with Bell Canada, who
are currently marketing low end, non-supervised wireless equipment of
some type...I don't know the make, but it doesn't look like
professional equipment. He's even gone so far as to ask me if I would
buy back the old hardware. I told him that it would be very foolish to
remove a high end alarm system and replace it with basically junk,
simply to get the features that alarm.com offers but he may yet do so.
And since he is the ONLY customer who has ever asked me for this kind
of thing, I can't see it being a really big seller. As time goes on
however, I suspect it will become more popular. But it strikes me more
as a company "selling the sizzle not the steak", but I could be
wrong...

I guess if a scam artist like Alarm Force can make it big, so can
these guys, since they do seem to offer something real. I too would
like to hear from an end user customer who has used Alarm.com's
service to see if it's all it's cracked up to be....