Re: Range of keyfob

Mark Leuck wrote:
> A much bigger question is why you are designing your system around a Visonic
> PowerMax Pro?

Thats an other question, but I shall answer it.

I assume that your main objection against is the fact
that its a wireless system.
A wired system is more expensive (due to the installation),
and its not easy in an existing house, especially when
you need detectors on two floors.

In my neighbourhoud, almost every burglary is done by
people who are almost unprepared, and want to make a
very fast job.
So a system which starts a sirine as soon as they enter
might scare them off sufficient. They will not have equipment
to by bypass the wireless system. Of course they can
use hammer to destroy the system, but thats why I want
to make a design with separate sirene.

I am aware that a wireless system has disadvantages, but
I try to make them as low as possible by designing a
good system, and thinking (and write them down!) of
all possible scenario's from a possible intruder.

Or is there another reason that you do not like Visonic??

Wim