Re: cctv camera no image

On Nov 1, 1:52 pm, "Roland Moore" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >That is incorrect.  At the BNC connector you will >typically see about 1V,
>
> P/P.
>
> Trying to explain that to the OP not knowing what meter or setting he has
> available is tough, especially since he was told by one poster he would not
> see anything...

That poster was wrong.  However, it's rarely necessary to check the
output voltage.

> On some color cameras I have seen it as high as 1.4 volts peak
> to peak. We use a meter that costs more than half a grand to measure CCTV
> problems. I am sure you've seen one or maybe had one...

Nope.  I usually used a small monitor to aim and focus cameras.  CCTV
wasn't a major part of my business until I started selling online.
Now it accounts for around $500K a year in hardware sales but I don't
install any more.

> Maybe you could figure out a way to make money renting
> them to customers doing their own large conventional CCTV installations?

I've thought about that before but I really don't want the hassle of
leasing equipment.  Most jobs don't require anything special anyway.
The usual tools are a basic meter, a couple of screwdrivers, a drill,
a soldering gun and some wire cutters.  Pros use more advanced tools
mainly to save time but when you're only doing your own home you
rarely need anything advanced.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass