Re: home alarm systems are for sissys

On Nov 3, 7:06 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 2, 10:21?pm, "Nathan W. Collier" <n...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > i dont doubt their intent.  it would however, require either a repeal of the
> > 2nd amendment to our constitution or an over-throw of our government.  what
> > works against us (SO many guns in this country) is at the same time one of
> > our greatest strengths.  "a rifle behind every blade of grass".
>
> However, if you'll remember there was a push during Clintons
> administration to
> "re-interpret" the second ammendment to mean that only a militia had
> the
> right to bear arms. Which would fall right in line with the UN's...
> only the government
> should have firearms. So, as I say, once this thing passes in the UN
> (if it hasn't already) then
> all we need is a super liberal administration for a few terms and
> there goes the the
> Constitution, since they believe it's an "evolving" document.
> When Bush came into office, one of the first things that happend was
> that the Department
> of Justice reaffirmed that the right to bear arms was the right of the
> people. Obviously
> done because there was much pressure from the NRA lobby and so many
> people who
> were NRA, voted for him.
>
> > --
> > Nathan In Montanahttp://ConcealedCarryForum.comhttp://1911Talk.comhttp://HiPowerTalk.c...

RHC: Yup !! Nothing is forever, and nothing is totally sacred. There
is absolutely no reason why what you say couldn't happen. And don't
think for a second that the fact that so many  people own firearms in
the US, that they wouldn't try !! Here in Canada, we have a Charter of
Rights and Freedoms passed a few decades ago, and it is fiddled with
from time to time. Your post illustrated my point precisely. DON'T
EVER take the 2nd Amendment for granted. Rights and freedoms must be
continually protected, and a strong national lobby group is the best
way to do that !!....NO....the ONLY way to do that !!

Most of our gun clubs make it mandatory that we belong to the Canadian
Shooting Sports Association. It's a pretty weak outfit, but the best
we can ever hope for in this damn gun hating country. It has managed
to shoot down a few of the more extreme proposals over the last while,
but it doesn't have the clout that your NRA has

I just recently joined the USPCA competitive action shooting
organization in the States so that I can take advantage of the huge
prizes awarded to their membership when they win matches. I fully
intend to join the NRA as a foreign member as well. Surely every
American gun owner can pony up the few bucks it takes to protect your
ownership rights......(cripes, this sounds like a membership drive and
I'm not even a US citizen....:((...).