Re: home alarm systems are for sissys

"datalines@xxxxxxxxxx" <datalines2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1193928893.406565.198450@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Total dependence on a home alarm system without guns > definitely
> illogical!

i agree with you to this point.  total dependance on _any_ single form of
protection is illogical.

true security comes from having many layers of resistance.  if you wish to
harm me or mine you must first get passed my two shepherds that run freely
in my yard.  if you get past them and make it into my house you will set off
my brinks alarm.  while brinks is notifying the police, you can expect to be
greeted by both my 115# german shepherd as well as my 100# bulldog terrier
mix, neither of which youll find hospitable.  if you should somehow happen
to make it past the outside dogs, the secured structure proceeding despite
the alarm blaring, and by an act of god you somehow get past the german
shepherd and bulldog greeters inside my home, it is then that you will get
to admire the working end of my 870.

> The best way for legal defense of one's home or domicile is with a
> good pistol,
> like a Glock.

the firearm is the final solution, and should NEVER be your only layer of
defense, and certainly should not be depended upon as your only deterrent.
the firearm is indeed an absolutely critical aspect of security, but its
only part of the overall plan.

> Brinks Security Systems, et. al.,  are for city slickers who don't
> know how to use guns
> to protect their homes.

http://uorcvideos.com/p7psp.wmv i think i know how to "use guns" at least
well enough to hold my own, yet i still depend upon an electronic alarm as
one of many layers of defense.  i suppose its all in your priorities.

i hope you were fishing for responses and dont really mean most of what you
said.

--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com