The latest Brinkle in Jim's life.

Apparently the Texas court has seen fit to hold Jim formally in
contempt.  The severe repercussions they mentioned in the Order to
Appear have no doubt been set into motion.  Jim will be "forced" to make
an appearance (probably sooner than later).  I find it interesting that
one paragraph in the Order granting the Motion for Contempt states:

"Evidence submitted by Brink?s shows by clear and convincing evidence that
methods of resetting and circumventing lockout codes on Brink?s control
panels
have been disseminated through Defendant?s website. Additionally,
content from
Brink?s installation manuals has been disseminated through Defendant?s
website.
The same information has also been disseminated through a third party?s
website
with Defendant?s encouragement. All of these disseminations clearly violate
the Preliminary Injunction."

I'm not sure what "clear and convincing evidence" they speak of.
Brink's control panels are only slightly different from the ones I have
used (in fact they're made by the same companies) and for someone to
post the installation manuals is really no threat to me.  I can
demonstrate just as clearly that Brinks panels are nothing more than
rebadged (and dumbed down) GE and Honeywell units.  Even the "so called"
Brinks installation manuals clearly show the copyright (and "Brinks"
isn't mentioned).

Jim, FWIW, I feel for ya bud.  I'm only "one" of what could become many
"third party" sites that have decided to distribute "Tech Help!".  I'm
not doing it for money or for "glory".  I'm doing it because I believe
the program is a useful tool for *any* technician to be able to have at
his disposal.  I'm also not doing this because Jim is "encouraging" me
to do so.

Once again, I'm publicly requesting anyone at "Brinks" or a member of
their legal team to contact me and provide me with the location of any
Brinks intellectual property within the Tech Help! software.  I know you
are monitoring this Newsgroup.  My email is feolson at
yoursecuritysource dot com.  For your information, I derive zero income
from http://www.yoursecuritysource.com (it simply isn't set up to "sell"
anything, nor was it intended to do so), so further emails to my hosting
provider requesting this is a useless pursuit.  Until you can clearly
show me where "Tech Help!" violates Brinks Copyright, or illegally
disseminates their "Intellectual Property", I will continue to host it.

If anyone else wishes to share their thoughts, please do.  If you
prefer, you can email me privately at the above address or send Jim a
note at jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My thoughts and prayers are with Jim and his family.  Good luck, Bro!!