Re: Raising and Lowering Security Cameras

On May 17, 9:38 pm, wizzaar...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I was told that there was a device that will raise and lower a
> security camera. I guess it would be some thing similar to a flag
> pole. I have an issue where I need to have a PTZ camera mounted 20
> feet up a pole. My contractor has aimed towards health and safety
> rules where they will not climb a ladder above 10 feet high. If you
> can find a 6' 6" technician then he may be able to reach as high as 17
> feet. If any higher I need to pay for a lifting device such as a
> scissor lift or a boom lift. I was told that there is a pole that you
> can mount a camera on and raise and lower the camera. I have searched
> for such a device and have had no results. Anyone ever heard of such a
> thing?

Man, you do get slammed in these groups. I'm not a cheap bastidge and
actually my contractor is not low grade. "Robert L Bass", I thank you
for the time and effort you put into your response and the links you
gave me to OSHA, but I am tied to union rules as well as health and
safety regulations. I know that a 16 foot ladder would get me eyeball
height with the camera and to be honest with you I would climb up and
do it myself, but grievances will fly beyond belief. Unfortunately,
due to the union rules, I can not use any tools, which is frustrating
since I used to do this type of work in my former job. I guess those
are the breaks when you "go up the ladder" in your career.

The application for this camera is unique to me, I have a camera
mounted up the pole in the center of a large open outside area. You
wouldn't believe how much it cost me to get conduit run underground to
this pole, we ran into many obstacles while boring so had to trench a
lot of the way, which cost more since we needed to replace the
asphalt. Anyway, I am installing a thermal PTZ camera, with video
analytics. I am expecting to need to get to this camera fairly often
since I am testing this technology out. Therefore, renting a lift once
more to install this camera lowering system, will hopefully save me
money for future service and experimental work. The camera I have
priced out will cost me just over $100,000.00 and the video analytics
console will cost me around $13,000.00. By the time I am done with
this installation I will have about $150,000.00 plus into it. Then I
can start playing around with the analytics. So, "BOB LaLONDE" I guess
if you want to call me a cheap bastidge I guess that your prerogative,
I guess I won't be needing your consulting services at any time.

As you can probably tell I am a newcomer to this group and it's been
good reading your posts. I thank you for your help, hopefully I will
be able to help you in the future. I will check out the camera
lowering system that "Michael" sent me. If any of you have any more
systems for me to look at I would appreciate the links as well.