Snitch Rat

So I had to replace an old DS 7400 Xi with a 9412GV2. The regular crew was a
little confused so I went to take a sniff for myself. The panel was full of
mux devices like a DS7432 and MX938. No big deal. Get a 8125MUX and a D5060
and go to town. So when going through the spaghetti I was stumped. It made
no sense. Finally I realized that someone had landed the MX 938 MUX devices
on the DS7432 analog zone expander. The loop voltage from the DS7432 gave
the appearance that the MX938 was working (since the LED came on). Even
worse they "documented" this error in hand written as well as typed form and
left on the job. Okay then! Why were some MX938 devices wired and programmed
correctly and others done incorrectly when it was installed at the same time
by the same person (judging from the hand writing)? Stupid? Careless?
Sabotage? This is a place where security is critical. The work was of course
originally done and later blessed by the big three letter company that
starts with A. Does that company have any internal discipline staff or QC
that should be notified? Or should I be a snitch rat and turn the documents
over to law enforcement as fraud. If this weren't the type of facility it is
I know that type of complaint would generally go nowhere. But this place is
the type with the profile and (full time federally paid three letter) legal
clout to cause serious trouble for someone, even ones with a fat three
letter wallet, especially with the handwritten documents left behind. I am
sure that the three letter company doesn't want to see these other three
letter boys showing up on their doorstep. I believe I just saw stupidity in
action, but it could be an effort of a crime as well. I am puzzled. Has
anyone here ever had experience with the pooper scooper going behind these
companies and cleaning up their messes? Is this typical? I hope not. I have
seen lots of stuff that is pure crap as an installation but never something
exactly like this where it seems that a path of disabled devices is being
created right under someone's nose, but made to look as if they functioned
correctly. I am being too paranoid or not paranoid enough?