Re: New House Alarm - Am I locked out?

"Picklesheimer" <no@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8Ep_h.20740$vD4.15917@xxxxxxxxx

> "Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message news:l-GdnWJPGs3DhqfbnZ2dnUVZ_oGlnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> True...but for under a hundred bucks Robert
>>> can sell you a new  board, you can program
>>> it yourself and you're done. Probably be
>>> cheaper than a service call too.
>>
>> Correct.  In this case, considering the way he
>> has been abused by the alarm company, I'd
>> do it for my cost.  No one should have to
>> accept that kind of treatment from any company,
>> especially not one that is entrusted with his
>> security.
>
> wrong, he's not trusting this company
> with his security...

Of course not.  They've already shown
themselves to be a bunch of thieves.
No one in his right mind would sign with
them knowing what he knows.  He should
almost be thankful.  If they weren't so
miserable he might have been hoodwinked
into signing a multi-year contract with
them.  This way he'll spend a few dollars
replacing the board and be rid of them.

> if he was there would be no problem...

For them, perhaps.  He, on the other
hand, would be stuck with a crooked
alarm company.

> he is trusting himself with his security...

That's a lot better than signing up with
Den of Thieves Alarms, Inc.

> and wants them to do it for him without
> signing their contract...

Only because they stole his access to his
property.  They should (if they were
ethical) right the wrong they did.  Of
course they're not ethical so there's no
way they will do the right thing now.

> they won't do that. that'd be like buying
> parts from you and not authorizing your
> credit card payment page...

No, that's be like buying parts from
someone else and then discovering the
seller had locked them so you can't use
them without paying him for what is
yours.

> you wouldn't do it either without that

I wouldn't lock him or anyone else out
of a panel they owned.  That was a
criminal act.

> "contract" , would you?

If he wants it monitored he can contact
www.911alarm.com.  They're nice
people who won't try to rip him off like
the alarm company did.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass