Re: Intresting alarm Commercail Cleveland TV

Matt, I think that you and I will have to agree to disagree on that
point ! What's the point of spending even this small amount for
something that is inherently faulty in design and quality and only
succeeds in giving the client a false sense of security. He'd be far
better putting his limited resources into quality security products
like decent locks and strikes.

I know that a lot of people don't have a lot of money to budget for
security purposes, but why literally waste what little you do have.
>From the many systems I have seen, they use old, non supervised
equipment, with minimal coverage, and it is always wireless to
minimize the need for competent installers. This is a slick, highly
advertised marketing approach that has little to do with real security
and a lot to do with getting the client's monthly revenue flowing into
their bank account.

Around here, a decent alarm system goes for about $600
installed...doors, motions, basement windows kind of thing...and it
doesn't take too many $25 payments to pay for that, even with regular
monitoring from $15 to $20 on top of that.

However, I do realize that no matter what you or I say, or agree or
disagree on, this sort of money machine will trundle on and be
successful simply because of the propensity of some people to buy into
their slick advertising. Personally, I've given up caring about this
kind of thing any more because you simply can't protect people against
their own stupidity !!

But I do believe that even that little bit of money is a waste when
you really don't get squat for your money. However, it doesn't affect
me or my business in the slightest...

RHC