Heat, Humidity, and Video Recorders (?)

I need to monitor an area using four fixed, hi-res cameras,
recording two minutes of video every twenty minutes,
throughout the daylight hours.

The recorder will have to go in a "culvert" shack (about 5'
diameter culvert pipe, vertical, with a hinged door cut into
it, and a steel roof) that has 120v AC power available.

Here's the kicker:  it gets *hot* at this California
location; 110 deg. F days are not unheard of, and there is
*no* shade.  I'm told that the shack is "surprisingly cool
inside" on hot summer days (presumably because it is near
the bank of a river, mounted off the ground, and has a few
holes in it, here and there), but there's never been a
temperature logger in there, so I'm not just a little
apprehensive about the longevity of a DVR or  VCR under
those conditions.  If it *is* cooler than I expect in the
shack, it's probably because of evaporation from the river,
which would mean high humidity, another ugly thought.

So, if anybody here has experience with video (analog or
digital) recorders in high temp./high humidity conditions,
I'd sure be grateful to hear about it.

--
Thanks,
tbl