Re: CCTV Question.

On May 21, 9:53 pm, Matt Ion <soundy...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Crash Gordon wrote:
> > that is cool...the website is annoying....but the product looks neato.
>
> > "Frank Olson" <Use-the-email-li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> > message
> > on
> > the
> > etc...
> > | >

> > | This is really cool!!!  http://www.omniscape360.com/home.htm
>
> I've played with an Omniscape in Burtek's showroom... not too shabby at
> all.  Recording a 360-degree fisheye of the whole area at 3.1MP allows
> you to zoom any given area of recorded OR live video.

I have setup up some PTZ applications taking advantage of the idle time
programming and the trigger input programming to use extrernal triggers to
get a similar affect.  It may not work for your application, but the Pelco
PTZs take trigger inputs and they can be associated with specific presets.
In a warehouse I simpley set presets for zoom views on key doorways, and
then put contacts on those doors to trigger that preset.  If the camera sits
idle for X minutes it automatically goes back on its preprogrammed patrol
pattern.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it is an alternative for some
applications.  Motion, PE beams, and other sensors could be used in some
applications to achieve better use of an expensive camera.  I only mention
this as often the actual problem is not clearly defined or the customer
wants a magic do-all instead of addressing specific issues.

Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from,
AND who we work for.
Bob La Londe

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner