Re: GAS WAR - an idea that will work

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:464321e0$0$16375$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Here's the idea:
> >>
> >> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from
> >> the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and
> >> MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined
> >> to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the
> >> other companies will have to follow suit.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Robert L Bass
>
> > Exxon/Mobil but supply and demand coupled with the fact that no new
> > refinery
> > has been created in over 25 years
>
> Are you sure about that?  I don't know, but I do know that a plan is in
> place for a new refinery right here in Arizona.  Its been doing the rounds
> for a couple years now.  The biggest thing has been the assurance of
> adequate water rights to operate the refinery.  Arizona has excess unused
> water rights from the Colorado River, but California has been using
> part/most of that excess for decades.

I have no doubt new refineries have been bandied about but the problem is

a: Environmentalists who don't want them
b: People who don't want one in their back yard
c: It takes billions to create one
d:
e: You have to have them at locations that can easily be transported to by
the oil producers
f: These locations are usually by oceans which brings you right back to a: