Re: From DVR to Off Site Video Storage

"SecurityNovice" <nospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:cOxkg.240728$5Z.68149@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We are looking at a 6 channel system.. I would most likely set the frame
> rate for streaming off site at 15 IPS.  Any calculator for figuring our
> the
> bandwidth consumtion?  I guess I also have tofactor in credit card
> machines,
> internet use also correct.
>
> But getting back to my original question.. Will a DVR stream continuiously
> to a home computer for storage? I know you can view it from home through
> the
> internet, but did not know you could download it also??? I think I am
> confused.
>

> "Beachcomber" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:20:52 -0400, "SecurityNovice" <nospam@xxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Looking for a way to constantly be sending CCTV video from DVR to off
> site
>> >for storage of a say a few days to a weeks worth of video.  Just want it
> in
>> >the event places gets broken into and perps steal DVR... I know of a
> service
>> >that will archive video, but it is very expensive.  Just really looking
>> >stream video from DVR to home computer HD if possible...  Would an axis
>> >video server placed in between the dvr and dsl modem work?  Any
>> >thoughts?
>> >Oh, and I only have DSL available.
>> >

>> If the bandwidth of your CCTV does not exceed the uplink bandwidth of
>> your DSL connection you may be OK for continuous streaming.   Some
>> ISP's limit the TOTAL Bandwidth used per month, so check to see if you
>> have limitations with your grade of service.
>>
>> Beachcomber

I beleive the latest release of Dedicated Micros has the capability to send
blocks of video to an FTP server.  You can run an FTP application on your
home computer if you have a static IP.  You could also use a dyndns naming
service if you do not.  Also, there are script applications that will mimic
an FTP server on a web server.

I really have not played with this.  Just stuff I have noticed in passing.
I have used dyndns name services for locations that did not have a static
ip.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River