Re: Use ADT system with no monitoring company?

Tony Sivori wrote:

>I'm buying a house that has an ADT system installed. Pretty basic system,
>just the front, back, and basement door, plus one motion detector.
>
>The house is a repo, so I won't be getting any codes from the previous
>owner.
>
>I've Googled, and seen that an ADT system can often be reused with another
>monitoring company. Presumably one with better service and perhaps even
>better price.
>
>But I'd like to go an even cheaper route, and have the alarm call my cell
>phone. Is this possible, and if so how much might an alarm company charge
>to set up the system to call my own cell phone?

If you can find a company to do it.. maybe $65-$100 for a service
call.  But you won't have much luck finding that company.

BTW - The panel does not support calling cell phones.  The other
option is a voice dialer that will call your cell phone and play a
prerecorded message, but they are useless unless someone can actually
respond to the alarm in a timely manner.