Re: Use ADT system with no monitoring company?

Tony Sivori wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
>> That's do-able on some systems.  We'd need more information to be able
>> to answer that question.  There are limitations you should be aware of.
>>   Most alarms with a "pager response" feature will only transmit the
>> alarm once.  There's no way for the panel to know that you actually
>> received your page (or cell phone message).  If you happen to be in an
>> area with "iffy" coverage, you could wind up missing the call.
>
> Could be, but if it is cheap enough to set up as long as false alarms
> aren't a problem it would be better than nothing.

Actually, you've pretty well said it all.  Anything is "better than
nothing", and "nothing" is what you'll have if you're going to rely on
your alarm calling your cell phone.  I'd check with your local
authorities as well.  I doubt they'd dispatch on a call from you saying
that you've just received an alarm message (unverified) on your cell phone.