Re: Intresting alarm Commercail Cleveland TV

tourman wrote:

> Around here, a decent alarm system goes for about $600
> installed...doors, motions, basement windows kind of thing...and it
> doesn't take too many $25 payments to pay for that, even with regular
> monitoring from $15 to $20 on top of that.

And if you're in a rental, and end up moving out in a few more months,
you have to leave that investment behind, and potentially RE-invest with
the next place you end up.

> However, I do realize that no matter what you or I say, or agree or
> disagree on, this sort of money machine will trundle on and be
> successful simply because of the propensity of some people to buy into
> their slick advertising. Personally, I've given up caring about this
> kind of thing any more because you simply can't protect people against
> their own stupidity !!
>
> But I do believe that even that little bit of money is a waste when
> you really don't get squat for your money. However, it doesn't affect
> me or my business in the slightest...

Alright... you go live in low-rent housing where you're barely making
ends meet, then discover because of the wonderful neighbors you have,
that you have the need for an alarm system OF ANY KIND immediately, and
then figure out how yer gonna come up with the $600 or so to get that
system installed within the week.

Stupidity?  Gee, thanks.  How about circumstances?  Fuck, a "real" alarm
woulda been really nice... and wholly impossible to afford at the time.

Meanwhile, despite everything all the "pros" here say, we never had an
issue with our AlarmForce setup for the remaining year we were in that
townhouse, and were lucky enough to find a place that already had
a built-in alarm when we moved on.  Transferred the contract to a friend
who lived in a basement suite, the system was moved over easily, no
fuss, no hassles from the company.

The business does well in large part because they fill a void that's
missed by the bulk of providers of fully-installed systems.  Maybe if
the "pros" realized that instead of simply dismissing them as low-rent
shysters that existed solely on the "stupidity" of their customers,
they'd be a little more effective in combating the "scourge".

Just consider yourself lucky that your circumstances haven't outweighed
your "stupidity".