Re: Intresting alarm Commercail Cleveland TV

> Yes, our industry is no different than
> any other industry in that there are
> these kinds of companies around
> that prey on the gullible and those
> who unfortunately don't have the funds
> for anything better.
> Up here, there is another growing
> market in companies that give cash
> advances on your next pay cheque
> and who's interest rates would make
> the Mafia blush.

We have the same kind of rotten companies
doing the same thing.  The US government
has been making noises about regulating
these paycheck lenders.  I'm not sure if they've
done anything yet though.  If they make it too
difficult to rip people off with that scam I
suspect we'll have a bnch of new alarm
salesmen running around.  :^)

> It seems, natural forces come in to play
> when there is any kind of market vacuum
> and the "lowest common denominator"
> always seems to win.

They may seem to be winning but in the long
run they never last.  I competed with some
of the worst jerks in the trade for decades.
These guys would bad-mouth decent alarm
companies to make the sale, then rip their
customers off at every opportunity.  They
seemed to be making lots of money for a
while but after a few years they almost
invariably were gone.  Those of us who tried
to do the right thing are mostly still around.

It's the same way with online sales.  The
bad apples make a big splash but they
don't last.  Remember that moron selling
Tane switches?  Remember the idiot with
the Lox-a-Matic?  Nassau and Alpine?
They're all gone and good riddance.
Though I'd never wish death on anyone,
Sabodish is also gone and it's not exactly
a loss to the trade.  I have had numerous
ex-customers of his contact me.  Most of
them complained of being cheated.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass