Re: power supply for practical periferals modem

On Mar 20, 5:56?pm, "alarman" <alarman2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > Let me know what you find. I've had an old Hayes sitting around for
> > years with no transformer. Figured I just hold on to it in case my
> > present internal modem ever crapped out.
>
> I have a Hayes Smartmodem 1200 that says 13.5VAC, and two Hayes Optima 24's
> that say 9.5VAC. My Practical peripherals SA1200 mini-modem uses a Hayes
> 9.5VAC power supply.
> js

I've got the 1200 Smartmodem, but I'll have to open it up and trace
the PCB condutors and try to find out what the 3 pin configuration is,
if/when I ever need it.

I'm kind of wondering what's going to happen when computers only have
USB connectors in the future.

But .... on the other hand, if we consider that the alarm
manufacturers will continue keeping with their stellar product
developement skills  ...... maybe by that time we'll be using Ethernet
modems operating a 300 baud.