Re: Alarm company in Boston area

On Mar 20, 9:28=EF=BF=BDam, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> While we're on the museum subject... several years ago (probably 10) there
> was a GREAT book on the history of alarms, I =A0bought a copy at NBFAA me=
eting
> then gave it to someone and never got it back. It had great photos of rea=
lly
> old stuff. Anyone know the title of the book?
>
> "Nick Lawrence" <n...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> | Its Wayne Alarm, with the cool '0000' phone numbers...
> |http://www.waynealarm.com/antiquecorner/
> |

> | Robert L Bass wrote:
> | > There's an old, well-established alarm company in the greater Boston
> area that is know for their alarm system museum. =A0A friend
> | > asked me about them but I can't recall the name of the company. =A0I =
do
> recall they have their own UL-listed CS and they've got a good
> | > reputation.
> | >
> | > Does anyone know who they are?

I've read a couple of good ones through the years also, but can't
remember the titles.   You might try looking for something about Edwin
Holmes. He's credited with inventing the burglar alarm. However I
think it was actually someone by the name of Paris (?) who submitted
the first drawings for patent. Holmes probably just had more of a
reputation as an inventor and was able to exploit it better.