Re: What if a burglar breaks in and short out the wire on my keypad

On Mar 19, 12:05 pm, Mike <mlgr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have always wondered what would happen if someone were to break in
> to my business and rip the keypad off the wall and short the wires
> together. Would,nt that disable the alarm system? I tried this one day
> and it seems to lock the system up.

The intelligence is at the controller for that reason - there are no
smarts at the keypad. Once the alarm is tripped, the controller will
take the responsibility of setting off the alarm as you have it
configured.

Having that said, are there any particular wires at the keypad that,
when shorted, could cause the controller to malfunction? I would
certainly hope not, but that's more of a question for the team that
develops your particular controller.

HTH,
Ken