Re: Tying in GEM-X10 into Napco Gemini 816 Alarm System Controller

On Mar 13, 7:06 pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Installation manuals do tend to be reasonably accurate and as of yet nobody
> has shown that it will not work (yet)
>
> The original poster may not have the most up to date revision
>
> "secure15" <secur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > So tell us Marky-Mark,
> > Do you believe EVERYTHING you read?
>
> > Mark Leuck wrote:
> > > "Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message

> > > That goes against what is found in the latest revision of the 816
> > > installation manual- Hide quoted text -

How can I tell what revision of the GEM-P816 I have? I see they are
now up to revision 11. The system was installed about 2 months ago,
but that doesn't tell me that it's necessarily the latest revision?

How can I tell what eversion it is? Do I need the dealer code?

Also, is upgrading this as simple as a firmware upgrade that can be
flashed onto the device (or a PROM chip replacement)? If it is
upgradable via either method, will I lose the panel configuration or
is that configuration stored elsewhere and maintained during an
upgrade? Or is it locked into the panel and not upgradable?

Thanks,
Ken