Re: How to find a reputable installation company

I feel your pain, Rich...

This is because one cannot even rely upon the State licensing
authorities to provide timely and accurate information.

Consider this: Bay Alarm Company, of Pacheco CA, a CA corporation,
claimed to be licensed, but, in fact, operated its unlicensed
burglar/fire alarm business for over five years beginning in late
October 2000, becoming licensed, only after complaints were filed, in
December 2005.

Consider this: Apex Alarm LLC, out of Orem UT, a UT L.L.C. residential
burglar alarm company, also claimed to be licensed in CA, but did not
possess, and was unqualified to obtain, either of the required CA licenses.

Consider this: An unlicensed fire alarm company (name withheld) did not
notify the Southland area CA fire department of the address where the
fire sprinkler alarm system had activated, and a $$$ major loss occurred.

Consider this: Yet another burglary/fire alarm company (name withheld),
with thousands of subscribers, has operated without either of the
required licenses for several years in the San Francisco CA area, and is
presently unable to obtain the required licenses.

Consider this: The examples above are only part of a lot longer list...