Re: My alarm company has billed me before doing anything

>with over a hundred zones in each protected area.  That work involved
> >almost all DSC equipment.

Well it can't be anything in the DSC Power Series because they only go to 64
zones so with a hundred it had to be DSC MAXSYS. That panel would be my last
pick for a large system. It takes about 45 minutes for a full upload and
another 45 minutes for a full download. There are many other reasons not to
use it, especially if you have to use the analog loop. In  our area we can't
use it anyway since it isn't CP-01.

>I did spend twenty two years as a tech agent for a Federal agency

Next time look into other panels like Bosch, DMP, or last choice Vista 250.
If you worked in a Federal Government agency you'll know they accept these
panels I mentioned above but NOT DSC. There is a reason.

>If someone has done this on a DSC-style
> system, I'd appreciate the feedback

If you don't have a resistor (just open on bell circuit) you'll get a
trouble LED on the keypad and a trouble signal at central station, if you
have the communicator set properly (like SIA or Contact ID with automatic
reporting codes). Don't take my word just try it.