Re: WAY OFF TOPIC: Religion

> First there was the Old Testament.
> Then the New Testament.
Don't you just hate it when you say something to make a joke (instead of a
point) and some bonehead comes along and ruins the foundation of the joke.
Well (drum roll)  you're it. The foundation of your joke is incorrect.
Let me explain.
The word testament means in your example either of the two major portions of
the Bible: the Mosaic or old covenant or dispensation, or the Christian or
new covenant or dispensation.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and
her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. " (Gen.
3:1-15) this is the first prophecy in the Bible

Then later on in Genesis is the Abraham's Covenant

God said to Abraham in Gen. 17:4, "Behold, my covenant is with you and you
shall be the father of a multitude of nations."
   5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be
Abraham; for the father of a multitude of nations have I made thee.

   6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of
thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

   7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after
thee throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God
unto thee and to thy seed after thee.

So the New Covenant (promise or testamentt) of the coming of a savior is
first or older than the Old Covenant (promise or testament) with Abraham.

Therefore the New Testament is actually older than the Old Testament.
Strange but true (according to the Bible).