Re: bootleg wireless devices

On Mar 14, 6:41?am, secure15 <secur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> TF:>http://www.mysecurewireless.com/home.html
>
> They have some devices that work with Napco, too.
> Cost is not that big a difference.
> Some stuff they have is not listed on the Website
> They make stuff like that for DSC and HAI Also.
> Downside: crappy support, lousy website, I guess when they f'up your
> panel you're SOL!
> Mike S
>
> I brive a dus wrote:
>

> > What's the deal with these bootleg devices that work with Ademco & ITI
> > receivers?
>
> > What devices are available?
> > Smokes? Fobs? Motions? etc.
>
> > Do they only work on Ademco & ITI or are they compatible with other
> > brands?
>
> > Is there a big difference in cost between the bootlegs and the real
> > magillas?
>
> > Other than the liability issues what are the downsides of these
> > devices?- Hide quoted text -

I checked into them when they first came out, regarding use with
Napco. Price point was about $5.00 less per door/window transmitter. I
read the instructions and there was some major something that you
couldn't do with them ( but I don't remember what it was now). It
would be something like ... you couldn't download an xmtter info or
you couldn't program them into the panel directly ..... or something
like that. Seems like I remember thinking it was similar ( not
exactly) like a Linear, wireless add on.

Anyway, the savings wasn't worth the trouble. And I figured, if I had
a problem with an installation, now I'd have two manufacturers
pointing their finger at each other, rather than getting me an answer.