Re: List of sensors to get

Leon wrote:
>I am creating an list of sensors to by to protect the house.
>
>1.	What is a point of affixing window sensors other then to remind me
>that windows is open before I arm the system? Why would thief open a
>closed windows? It would be much simpler to break the glass and walk/
>crawl in w/out moving a frame. Specially if thief sees security
>sticker on the window, he/she would know NOT to move the frame
>
>2.	Keeing 1 in mind, should I just get motion sensor for each area? Of
>course just having motion sensor would not be much use in the Stay
>mode, since I won't be able to walk anywhere in the house
>
>3.	And if I do have motion sensor, then do I even need a glass
>breaking sensor?
>
>What is the best practice to properly protect the house?
>
> I am installing system myself, but I had "consultant" from large
>security monitoring company come out. While nice, she was not really
>helpful other then stating get it all: glass breaking, motion, window
>contacts.
>
>Thanks

Hi new to this, I'm a security/fire installation/service technician, Install
your system to ensure that all entry points, either via locked or unlocked
doors/windows are covered, BGD(break glass detectors) is really preferential
for a typical home, if you was installing the system in a business premises
then that may be different, it's also down to insurance, the police and
NACOSS who regulate the security industry, work on the basis "what is
valuable" "where intruders will go IF they get into your premises" eg.
they're not going to break in the kitchen, make a cup of tea then go back out
again are they!!
bear in mind also that the earlier the system goes into alarm that is also a
good deterent, VIPER sensors on the window's etc. vibration sensors in other
words, detects vibration of doors/windows etc. alarm goes off, intruders flee
without even gaining entry!!!
Also go for an autodialler, VOCALLISER or SD1+ unit that connects to your
phone line, then if your system goes into alarm it will dial out on
preprogrammed tel no's mobile or landline, around £60 - £85 for a decent unit,
but worth it.
THINK about security cameras, Mounted at a proper height that is not easily
reachable, a recording unit that is stored securely away in a lockable bomb-
proof cabinet that is fixed to the wall/floor with the proper fixings, a lot
of people get the cabinets, but don't secure them!!!, DAY/NIGHT vision
cameras with a very low close to/or at 0 lux level with infrared led's min 20
led's approx 10 - mtr night view range.
if they get in to your now fully secured premises, at least you'll be able to
see who it was, and oh yes window contact sensors are also a good deterent
too!! as well as being practical, lot's of people don't lock windows with
window locks, a circular scriber in a petractor shape around the lock area of
the window, glass pops out, no noise, lift/move window lever, YOU'RE IN!!!
DON'T omit the upstairs either!! just as many break in's happen upstairs!!

total estimation for a good set up in £££££  is around £1000 to £1500 for
alarm and keypad with 4 pir's 2 door contacts, bell box(sasu), and
autodialler, plus 2 day/night cameras, DVR unit, and bombproof Case.

any less than that, forget it.

B and Q is cheap and chearful, but pay out more at the beginning, when B and
Q's unit has failed, your what you thought was dear at the time unit/s will
be going strong!!

Happy Alarming!!!

and ps. DON'T forget the bleeding obvious, what you think about poss break in
area's etc around your home other people think too, even burglars!!
also don't overkill it, i've seen a 4 bed detached with a pir/dt in each room,
contacts on the windows/doors, bgd above the windows and glass doors, vipers
on the doors and windows, 3 live bell boxes, external setting fob readers
with maglocks on all the internal and external doors, 8 cameras, with 2 dvr
units one backing the other up, 4 smoke cloak units, emits smoke upon
activation, total alarm/camera system cost from a local ltd company, £47,752,
OUCH, lot of money, especially when they get broken into, no pictures from
any camera as they forgot to restart the dvr's after stopping them, and they
went down the shop to get some fags, only 8 mins there and back, dope, didn't
put their alarm on!!!