Re: My alarm company has billed me before doing anything

> In regard to it being unusual that a company
> would allow the customer to either buy
> additional components or do the prewiring,
> that may be true.  I did spend twenty two
> years as a tech agent for a Federal agency
> and wired everything from mail boxes to hotel
> rooms...

I wasn't trying to imply that you were not
capable of doing the job.  The point was that
your situation is so out of the ordinary that
your alarm company's accounting office
probably doesn't have a standard method of
handling the situation.  It is likely that they
simply made a mistake.  I suggest you
contact them, let them know of the error
and give them the opportunity to straighten
it out.

FWIW, most folks in this newsgroup know
that I'm not an ardent supporter of alarm
companies.  I just happen to feel that this
was probably an innocent mistake.

> All of this was discussed with the salesman
> and he suggested that I could do some of
> the work myself to save a few bucks on the
> total cost.

That was decent of him.  You've been treated
well up until this accounting error.

> As far as wanted to "grow fangs" and go
> after my dealer, not really...

That was someone else's characterization.  I
figure you're just an average consumer who's
rightfully miffed at getting this bill.

> I will call the owner today and work it out...

Excellent.  Please let us know how things
get resolved.  I'm betting they'll correct it
right away.

> This is a good group for getting feedback.
> The mix of posters runs from calm and
> reasoning to flaming and blaming...

That's an apt description of Usenet itself.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics