Smoke Alarm, not a power failure Alarm

I have a couple of Smoke Alarms, and both of them are AC powered with
a 9-V batt backup. But whenever the AC power drops out for a few
seconds, they sound the alarm just as if there were smoke. Is there
any alarm that will just smoothly and quietly switch to battery backup
without awakening me at 2am if the AC flickers?  Thanks very much,  -
Harry