Re: cost of installation- hard wired panic buttons

You asked a lot of questions, I hope they were rhetorical. ;-)

I understand what you're saying. You brought up some good points.

I know an installer in the area that only charges $45 an hour. I've seen his
work, and he has a good reputation. Based on his rate, though, I'd guess
he's not "legit." Could be, but I doubt it. (For one, he doesn't charge
anything more for his helper, when he needs one.) But, his work is good,
IMO. Very clean installs.

In any event, I wasn't trying to invalidate what you had stated... Just
adding another layer of consideration. The spread between $70 and $85 isn't
that big of a deal. The spread between $20 and $70 (and in our area $120)
should raise some flags at both ends. At least in my mind as a consumer.

Regards,

Eric