Re: Swann Night Hawk security camera?

> Question 2 - The signal will have to be transmitted 7-10ft and pass
> through a 2" thick wooden door. Does this mean the camera and receiver
> will not work for me?

I'll mention a concept that relates, but probably not over this distance at
this frequency. It might. I don't have enough experience to say for sure.
But, I commonly run into this problem with wireless networks over short
distances, especially in two story homes. Here's one contributing factor:
the angle of obstruction in relationship to the transmitter/receiver.

Hopefully I can explain this with a rough ASCII drawing. You'll have to view
this in a fixed font. (T) is the transmitter, (R) is the receiver, || is a
solid wall, like brick.

(T) ||
    || (R)

Draw a line between T and R.

Because of the shallow angle, even if the wall is relatively thin, it will
effectively be much thicker. The wall will absorb or reflect more signal. (I
don't remember which - probably both.) A very shallow angle can make a
typical wall appear several feet thick, if memory serves me. Have to do the
math.

Now, take the following:

Same wall. But, the reception is going to be better.

In the real world, there are a lot of factors that contribute to the
reliability of wireless communication. Angle of obstruction is just one
factor of many. When given a choice, I'll always take a piece of copper over
wireless. More reliable, and easier to diagnose problems, IMO.

Eric