Re: First Alert FA215 - how to replace the battery?

The keypad doesn't have a battery in it.  Instead, find the master control panel (metal cabinet attached to the wall somewhere) and
open it.  Inside is a large, rechargeable battery.  It's either a 12 Volt 4 AmpHour or 12 Volt 7 AmpHour model.  Either one will
work but a 7 AH unit will last longer during a power outage.  They're both inexpensive, retailing online or locally for about
$15-20.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass