Re: OT Crowding the Interesection DOES NOT get you out there any faster...

Per Mark Leuck:
>And listening to a tape doesn't divert you from the task of driving?
>
>Does verbally talking to a passenger count? Thats the same as a cell call

I would disagree.   All three differ significantly from a cell call.

With the tape, it's a one-way thing.   The driver chooses when to divert their
attention as needed.   Having said that, when I'm listening to a tape or
content-type radio show my driving is definitely not as attentive as when
listening to music... but nowhere near as bad as when talking on a cell phone.

When talking to a passenger there's an unspoken covenant: driving comes first.
The driver can just stop talking in mid sentence if necessary and the passenger
understands.

Talking on a cell phone, the other person is not part of such a covenant.  Their
expectation is that the driver talk normally and that there will be no lapses in
the conversation.
--
PeteCresswell