Re: Smoke Det. Scam

There are a lot of people running that scam.  We get the calls all the time.  I decline the order every time.  One recent caller
asked for 200+ smokes.  During the conversation a Verizon anti-fraud rep interrupted and informed me that their software detected a
probable fraudulent purchase.  Apparently they monitor what the operator types (whatever the caller says) and when they detect
certain patterns of behavior it flags them.  The reason I mention this is that if Verizon has special software and full-time staff
watching for these scams they must be really pervasive.

Glad you didn't get hood winked.  The scam is simple enough.  They pay with a stolen credit card number.  By the time you get the
charge-back your equipment is in Lagos or someplace equally unencumbered by law or morality.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics